Research Assistant Wanted
The Department of Civil Engineering, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), is currently looking for suitable candidates to assist in the Transportation research projects. The research projects are "Microscopic Modeling of Drivers' Merging Behavior at Roundabouts under Oversaturated Condition" by UTAR Research Fund (UTARRF) and "The Novel Development of A Dynamic In-vehicle Guidance and Navigation System in Malaysia" by Exploratory Research Grant Scheme (ERGS). The duration of the appointment is one year. We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated candidates to join us in the research work. The candidates should also keen to register with us as a postgraduate student. The monthly stipend paid to the candidates is RM 2000 (UTARRF) or RM1500 (ERGS). The expected work commencement date is 1st Jan 2012.
· Traffic data collection
· Process and analyse the collected data.
· Develop mathematical models to describe drivers' behavior or willing to pay for travel information.
· Develop an intelligent route searching algorithm or traffic simulation model for driver's behavior.
1. Candidate with Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechtronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics with Computing are welcome to apply.
2. Candidates should have at least a 3.0 CGPA (4-point system) for their Bachelor Degree study.
3. Candidates with computer programming knowledge are an added advantage.
4. Candidates should register as postgraduate students (Master by Research) with UTAR.
Interested candidates, please contact me via email for the interview arrangement:
Dr. Khoo Hooi Ling
Department of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Science
No. Telephone: 03-41079802, Ext. 151