RESEARCH ASSISTANT (RA)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Faculty of Engineering & Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
KL Campus, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur
Computer vision algorithm and software development for the application of urban traffic monitoring.
Associate Professor Dr. Tay Yong Haur (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Department of Internet Engineering and Computer Science,
Faculty of Engineering and Science (FES), UTAR KL Campus.
To involve in the software development and continuous algorithm improvement of a computer vision-based software product for urban traffic monitoring.
Scope of Work
• To evaluate the performance of the existing algorithm;
• To recommend improvement on the existing algorithm;
• To develop and evaluate an improved computer vision algorithm;
• To integrate the improved algorithm into the software package;
• To perform software development to enhance the overall software package
• To work closely with research engineers from the industry.
• Remuneration of RM1500-2500 per month for 12 months, depending on experience.
• The RA must help the project leader in all works associated with the research.
• The RA must work closely with the sponsored industry partner to complete the research project.
• The RA may register for Master Degree by research program (M. EngSc) with UTAR.
• Passionate in computer programming, especially in C++
• Strong interest and/or has working experience in image processing / pattern recognition project / GPU
• Good English written and verbal communication
• Good analytical skills
• Self-motivated, requires minimal supervision, resourceful and willing to learn.
• Available to start working preferably on 1 July 2013.
If you are interested in the RA position advertised above, please email your CV directly to Dr. Tay Yong Haur (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Feel free to write to Dr Tay for any further inquiry of the project.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.