Research Assistant wantedThe Department of Internet Engineering and Computer Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), is currently looking for suitable candidates to assist in the Data Mining research project. The research project is "Serendipity Effect on Data Mining Methods For Marketing Research" by UTAR Research Fund (UTARRF). The duration of the appointment is one year. We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated candidates to join us in the research work.
Project LeaderProfessor Dr. Jay Kishigami (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Department of Internet Engineering and Computer Science,
Faculty of Engineering and Science (FES), UTAR KL Campus.
ObjectiveTo research and develop the serendipity algorithm over the data mining technology. First target is extract the serendipity element from the playlist of classical FM station using the ranking table of the top 100 classical music.
- Remuneration of RM2000 per month for 12 months.
- The RA must help the project leader in all works associated with the research.
- The RA may register for Master Degree by research program with UTAR.
- Passionate in computer programming, especially in R, Python, Java
- Strong interest and/or has working experience in data mining and statistics
- Good English written and verbal communication
- Good analytical skills Self-motivated, requires minimal supervision, resourceful and willing to learn
- Available to start working preferably on July 2012
If you are interested in the RA position advertised above, please email your CV directly to Prof. Jay Kishigami (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Feel free to write to him for any further enquiry of the project. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.